Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Vibram Five Fingers Shoes



I succumbed to curiosity and bought a pair of Vibram Five Fingers (VFF) shoes. It's like being barefoot, except you have a rubber sole protecting your feet from sharp objects and hot surfaces. It takes time to get used to these shoes, and they say you should start by wearing them an hour or two a day, so your feet and leg muscles can adjust. I'm not having any problem with my muscles, but my little toes are killing me. They're bent inwards at an angle from years of wearing ill-fitting shoes, and the VFF shoes are forcing them back out, to their natural position. I'm hoping that my toes will adjust, but that remains to be seen.

There is something very fun about running around in purple shoes that look like some sort of strange flippers and feeling like you're barefoot. Do I have more energy when I'm wearing these shoes, or is it just my imagination? I really like them!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hummm, I don't know if I'd have the guts to wear these in public! but...would love a pair for the garden.

zbsports said...

When I first choose running on vibram five fingers shoes I feel I will not regret it and yes. I'm not, it is a very good shoes I ever had. It is so comfortable and flexible.